Welcome to Motley Green, an online platform to encourage Green and Sustainability behaviors. The Motley Green services and website is operated by Motley Green, Inc. which is referred to "MG" or "Motley Green" in the content below. By accessing or using the Motley Green Services or Website, you signify that you have read the following terms and conditions (the ’Terms of Service’) and accept and agree to them. Where applicable under law, these Terms constitute a ’writing signed by you.’
Changes to Motley Green and the Terms of Service
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Terms of Service at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Terms of Service on this page and we may send registered users an email notifying you of the change. If any modification is not acceptable to you, you shall should stop using motley green service. Your continued use of the motley green following our posting of a change notice or new agreement on our site or receiving our email notifying you of the will constitute your binding acceptance of the change.
We do not claim ownership in any “Content” (which means any and all postings, e-mails, messages, recommendations, comments, text, files, images, photos, video, feedback, or other materials) that you post on our website.
By posting any Content on the website, you hereby grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution method (now known or later developed) throughout the world. Additionally, by posting any Content on the Services and making your Content available to others (“Third Parties”) via RSS distribution, you hereby grant to all Third Parties an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to copy, display, and distribute such Content in any and all media (now known or later developed) throughout the world. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you submit, upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services. You should only upload Content to the Services that you are comfortable sharing with others under the terms and conditions set forth herein. Other users of the Service will be able to view any Content you post to the Services, subject to your limited ability to prevent access to your Content by changing your account preferences and settings.
Conditions For Use
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account made by you including the content of your transmissions through the motley green Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree NOT to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute and/ or disseminate any harmful, obscene, indecent, unlawful, libelous, profane, defamatory, infringing, inappropriate, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material or information.
- Use other Members' personal data for purposes other than establishing contact that is reasonably expected to be welcomed by such other Members.
- Submit Materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity or that would violate the property rights of others.
- Submit Materials of any third party without such third party's prior written consent, or Materials that falsely express or imply that such Materials are sponsored or endorsed by motley green.
- Create a false or misleading identity of, including, but not limited to, a motley green employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Transmit, email or post any material that contains in any form software viruses or such programs as including but not limited to, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Use the motley green Service in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the website.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the motley green Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the motley green Service, through password mining or any other means.
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the motley green Service, or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion or the motley green Service, except as expressly authorized by motley green.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the motley green Service.
- Upload, post or disseminate content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or infringes any intellectual property law or any other applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the motley green Service.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Interfere with another Member's use and enjoyment of the motley green Service.
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Members, including usernames, from the motley green Service by electronic or other means.
You will not use our Site to make any Communications which are unsolicited bulk advertising or promotional messages (“spam”), so-called “chain letters,” pyramid schemes, or make Communications of a promotional nature other than through channels authorized by the Site. You may not harvest email addresses or instant messaging identifiers. Because the damage incurred by us in connection with spam campaigns may be difficult to ascertain, you agree to pay liquidated damages
Disclaimer of Warranties
Motley Green disclaims any responsibility for harm resulting from your use of the Services. The Services are provided “as is,” with no warranties whatsoever. You understand and agree that you use the Services at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the use of the Services.
The information on our website is derived from various sources and is understood to be correct at the time of posting.. However, the information that includes green acts, bulletins etc on the MG website, may not be error free and may not be appropriate for a particular purpose. Motley Green accepts no liability whatsoever to any person for any injury, loss or damage that may arise in connection with any use or reliance on the information.
1)MG will not have any responsibility for the authentication of green acts and facts. All these have been selected from open sources and in case of any dispute or dis-agreement, MG will not be held legally or morally responsible.
2) No explicit parental control system has been incorporated in the services or website provided by MG, and MG will not be legally or morally responsible for monitoring any site content for minors and children.
3) MG score is totally our proprietary logic, that has been designed to functional and impartial to the best of our ability. In case of dispute we are not responsible for the verification or explanation of score calculation to the users.
4) Availability of MG site : We are committed to providing uninterrupted service but due to unforeseen circumstances, the site or services provided by MG may not be available.
5) MG will try its best to monitor if adult/objectionable content on the website, but cannot guarantee or monitor the appropriateness of all or any content posted on its website or its services. In such an event, MG will not be held legally or morally responsible or acountable.
6) The entire purpose of MG website is to encourage green and sustainability behavior among individuals and hence by no means we are enforcing users to follow any of the green acts. We have not researched or verified the impact on personal safety by performing the green acts. Its up to the sole discretion and judgment of the user in choosing to perform any of the green acts available on the MG website.
7) Some of the metrics calculated in MG dashboard is based on the information available on the gov. or public websites. MG uses its best judgment while using publicly available information and applying to for calibration and scoring purposes. Any corrections or adjustment in application of this information is solely dependent on the willingness and ability of MG and MG will not be held legally or morally liable for any errors.
8) Tree planting is a means MG is leveraging to motivate people to embrace green behavior however MG can decide to discontinue this program any time.
If you violate the policies mentioned here , or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all of motley green services to you and we may take appropriate action that includes but is not limited to the following :* In-activate your account
* Hide all or part of the content created/posted by you from MG repositories and Website * Alert appropriate local authorities / jurisdictions based on our judgment.
* Delete objectionable content from MG repository and website that includes but is not limited to postings, pictures etc.. with our your expressed consent