Welcome to Motley Green, an online platform to encourage Green and Sustainability behaviors. At Motley Green, Inc. we respect the privacy of all the visitors to the Website, the home page of which is located at http://www.motleygreen.com.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
Motley Green does not collect any Personal Information about you without your knowledge(such as your name, email address, age, preferences, etc.) except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information. The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about our members and potential members of our community.
Information we collect are:
- When you sign up at our website, we will collect your first name, last name, email address and zip code.
- When you update your Motley Green Account, we will collect any information you provide, such as your gender, date of birth, profile image, Work related information like employer name, position, city, duration for which you were there at this work, Education Related information, Address related information and your Family Related information.
- When you enter any information, including Personal Information, into any postings or comments within the Motley Green, we will collect such information and this information might be available for some, a subgroup of, or even all members of the Motley Green, depending on how and where this information was posted by you.
- When you update your Green Profile we gather information related to your Home, Transportation like what vehicle you own etc, Backyard and Bathroom. This information is used in deriving your Motley Green score.
- When you leave us feedback, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback.
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and any information contained in the e-mail you send us.
Information Collected Via Technology
· As you navigate our Website www.motleygreen.com, certain information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, operating system, time of day, general physical location, and browser language. Motley Green uses this information only in aggregate to determine the composition of our user base, and the load on our servers, so that we can serve you better. Motley Green will use geographic information regarding your location to display your general location (e.g., Country). You may choose to display a different location by editing this information in your Accounts Setting. This information is associated with a user identifier for the purpose of improving your Motley Green experience, for example to recommend Green and Sustainability facts related to your geographical location.
· An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our web page flow.
· We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Website may not work properly.
Use of Information
· In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used by us either to sign you up for our community, to respond to requests that you make, , to improve our community and Services and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Services, and to offer you additional information, opportunities, and functionality. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails, should you request to receive such communications from us.
· Information you provide, will also be displayed on your profile page , should you choose to do so, which is viewable by other users of Motley Green but you may choose to hide sections of your personal information . Please be aware that if you enter any Personal Information into publicly available sections of the Motley Green Services, this information will be displayed to anyone who has access to these sections. These publicly available sections of the Motley Green Services include, without limitation, posts and comments of other Motley Green Members.
· We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyze usage patterns so that we may enhance our community and Services. We may also contract with third parties in order to promote the products and/or services of these third parties by placing ads on the Website or through the Motley Green Services. We may use Anonymous Information and information that was posted by members of the Motley Green Services to tailor the display of ads to the interest of the members of our community. Clicking on such ads will direct you to the website of the third party. Please be advised that we are not responsible for these other websites or any content on these other websites and that this Privacy Statement does not govern your visit of these other websites. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our discretion.
· If we terminate your account as allowed under the Terms of Service, we may choose to maintain all data collected from your use of the Motley Green Services, including Personal Information.
Limiting access to your information
You can limit access of your person information to other members by appropriately choosing the options in our Privacy settings module. You can also make your Motley Green Dashboard private or public according to your wish.
· We use reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. However, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
· MG has interface to other websites as well. Its user's responsibility to make his own judgement while he shares any information from MG to other website. All the content policy that are valid for MG would also apply to other websites when content is shared from MG to other websites
This Policy was last updated on April 1st, 2012